Rules and Regulations of Student Lecture Competition IX Cracow Conference of Financial Mathematics
These Rules and Regulations are describing conditions and the course of Students Lecture Competition (“Competition”) which is held as part of IX Cracow Conference of Financial Mathematics (“Conference”). The Competition is organized by AGHs Students Research and Financial Modelling group (“Organizer”).
- Participation in the Competition is free of charge.
- The Competition is open to individuals who are currently studying towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or have graduated no earlier than in academic year 2017/18.
- Each Participant can give only one lecture.
- It is necessary to submit registration form available on the website: http://www.knmf.agh.edu.pl/en/
- Subject of the lecture must be related to financial or insurance mathematics.
- Registration must be completed no later than 09.04.2021 EoD.
- Applications which do not fulfill condition 3 will be rejected.
- There are a limited number of spots in the Competition.
- Each successfully registered Participant will receive e-mail confirmation that they are qualified to participate.
- Organizer forms Competition Jury who will choose the winners of the Competition.
- Jurors will be attending lectures of all Participants.
- The Jurors will choose the winners of the Competition.
Course of the Competition
- The Competition will take place on 17.04.2021 and will begin at 3:15 PM on Zoom platform.
- Each Participant needs to deliver lecture on pre-selected subject. Order of presentations will be determined no later than a week before the Competition and the information will be provided to all Participants.
- The lecture should not be longer than 20 minutes.
- Jurors will choose the winners of the Competitions. Results will be announced on 17.04.2021.
- Organizer is the founder of prizes.
- Winners of places 1-3 are eligible for a prize.
- Prizes will be delivered via mail to addresses provided by the winners.
- The Rules and Regulations of the Competition will be made public on the Organizer’s website.
- The Organizer reserves its right to change the Rules and Regulations. Any changes are effective immediately after publishing on the Organizer’s website.
- Any disputes regarding the Competitions will be resolved by the Organizer. All decisions made by Organizer are binding and cannot be overturned.
- Personal information of Participants are protected by law (ustawa o Ochronie Danych Osobowych z 1997r.) and are intended for the use of the Organizer only.
- Participant has the obligation to familiarize themselves and accept the Rules and Regulations of the Competition.
- Participant allows the Organizer to use their private data for the purpose of conducting the Competition.
- Participant has to own full rights to the delivered lecture; that is Participant is sole author of the presented lecture.
- Participant is made accountable for the statements above.